Personal Data Protection Policy
Personal Data Protection Policy
We, Daicel Corporation acknowledge the importance of personal data, and hereby pledge to devote thorough efforts to the proper treatment and protection of personal data, based on the following policy.
1. ComplianceWe shall sincerely endeavor to comply with all the laws that apply to the personal data collected (hereinafter “Applicable Laws”), ordinances and other standards, as well as guidelines, pertaining to this Personal Data Protection Policy.
2. Collection of Personal DataWe seek to only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purpose, and to notify you in advance of the processing of such data for these purposes, as required under Applicable Laws. We may collect and processes personal data directly from customers, business clients or other parties (hereinafter “Sources”) in conducting our business.
3. Use of Personal DataWe shall use or process the personal data, which we have collected from the Sources, lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner and only for the purposes which we have identified pursuant to “2” above. We shall not process such personal data in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes, or without the consent of the individual’s whose personal data it is (hereinafter “Data Subjects”), unless permitted by Applicable Laws. We seek to ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose(s) for which they are processed. The content stipulated in For Website Visitors below is a list of some specific uses we may make of the data collected.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third PartiesWe shall not disclose or otherwise provide the personal data to any third party who processes the personal data for its own commercial purposes, except where:
- the Data Subject has given consent to such disclosure;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract;
- it is processed as statistical data in a way that renders identification of individual Data Subjects impossible (e.g. the data is anonymized);
- it is disclosed in accordance with laws or other regulations requiring such disclosure from Daicel Corporation and in accordance with Applicable Laws;
- it is disclosed in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Daicel Corporation or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject which require protection of personal data, as applied under Applicable Laws; or
- where processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject and which constitutes a permissible legal basis in accordance with Applicable Laws.
With respect to any international transfers of personal data, we shall endeavor that any restrictions on such transfers under Applicable Laws are respected. We shall put appropriate safeguards in place to protect the personal data so transferred, where required.
5. Management of Personal DataWe shall endeavor to manage the personal data disclosed to us, and which we otherwise process, in accordance with Applicable Laws and in a secure and confidential manner. Furthermore, we shall implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures with respect to personal data in an effort to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or accidental loss or damage. We have appointed responsible person(s) for the proper internal management and handling of personal data.
6. Access, Rectification, Erasure, Restriction of Processing of Personal Data, and other Data Subject RightsWe shall endeavor to ensure that personal data are accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date and that every reasonable step is taken to ensure inaccurate personal data are erased or rectified. We shall seek to keep personal data for no longer than necessary for the purpose(s) for which these are processed. When receiving requests from Data Subjects for access, rectification, erasure, objection or restriction of processing, data portability or other request regarding personal data, we shall endeavor to confirm that the requesting party or person is in fact the Data Subject in question, and respond adequately to such requests within due time, in accordance with Applicable Law.
For Website VisitorsBelow is some key information about the collection, processing or use of your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Policy, including the purpose of processing or data sharing.
1. Purposes of UseWe may use your personal data for the following purposes, or as otherwise allowed under Applicable Laws.
Individual or Corporate Customers
- To provide the products and/or services relating to our business;
- To perform our obligations under a contract with you;
- To notify you of information concerning our products and/or services or related products and/or services thereof;
- To invite you to our events, including exhibitions, briefings, viewings, networking and seminars;
- To conduct marketing survey or to request feedback from you;
- To respond to inquiries, document requests and other requests;
- To achieve any other purpose which you agreed to in advance.
Existing or Prospective Contractors, Business Partners and Vendors
- To provide and receive products and/or services relating to our business;
- To perform our obligations under the contract with you or necessary actions to conclude the contract;
- To notify you of, and receive information concerning products and/or services with which we are dealing;
- To communicate invitations regarding exhibitions, briefings, viewings, networking, seminars or other events, respond to inquiries or document requests.
Shareholders, Job Candidates, Retirees and Members of Organizations to which we are a member
- To achieve our business purposes relating to them.
Residents Neighboring Daicel Facilities
- To make evacuation directive and other necessary contact at the time of any emergency situation, such as natural disaster and other similar situation.
General Notice regarding Daicel Facility Security Measures and Cameras
- These are used to maintain security, to prevent crime and to ensure safety within the premises.